We are hiring a Media Events Co-Ordinator:
Position: Media Events Co-Ordinator
Application Deadline: May 25th, 2021
Start Date: May 31st, 2021
Duration: 14 weeks
Hours: 20 hours/week
Plattsville Church is looking for a Media Events Co-Ordinator to join the team. This position seeks to employ fun, energetic, outgoing and dedicated staff that are between 15 and 30 years of age. The Media Events Co-Ordinator will have primary responsibility for the virtual experiences of the church. General duties include video editing during the provincial shutdown, running the livestream on Sunday mornings, and creating some virtual experiences to support our communities.
- Develop and execute Plattsville Church’s local digital program, donor relations and Social Enterprise social media strategies
- Work with Communications Team to align social media strategies with organization’s strategic plans
- Create and administer content on all social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, to build an audience and grow customer, volunteer and supporter engagement.
- Support marketing campaigns through social media platforms
- Assist in the development of the network marketing calendar and track promotional results
- Create and develop unique content to appeal to emerging and existing audiences
- Create and develop online ads for social platforms and track ad performance
- Support individual shops social media efforts across multiple platforms
- Ensure all material has been edited and approved for both content and accuracy
- Create positive interactions and increase brand positivity by responding to and engaging with attenders and donors on social media when needed
- Assist in developing creative strategies to engage new communities of support for Plattsville Church
- Participate in orientations, meetings, and annual meeting
- Answer inquiries about Plattsville Church from constituency and general public; communicate Plattsville Church’s values,
- Model nonviolent peacemaking through respectful daily interactions with staff and the public
- Additional duties as required
- Client service – Client Service refers to the ability to communicate efficiently and professionally with clients. At work, client service skills are required to interact with clients on behalf of the employer.
- Teamwork – Teamwork refers to the skills needed to interact with other people. At work, people work with others in pairs and in small and large groups to coordinate tasks, share resources, plan, make decisions, negotiate, solve conflicts and complete other activities that involve teamwork.
- Communication – Communication refers to the skills needed to exchange thoughts and information with other people. This exchange can happen orally by speaking, listening and using non-verbal cues, such as body language or in writing. At work, people use communication skills to talk to customers, discuss products with suppliers, explain work procedures to co-workers, participate in virtual sales meetings with clients, and other activities that involve verbal or written exchanges. Digital skills – Digital technology refers to the skills needed to understand and use digital systems, tools and applications, and to process digital information. At work, people use digital technology skills to input, access, analyze, organize, create and communicate information and ideas using computers, software, point-of-sale equipment, email, podcasts, web applications, smart phones and other digital devices.
- Leadership – Leadership refers to a number of skills, including communication, relationship building, and the ability to delegate and traits such as honesty. At work, leadership skills are required when working in a team, demonstrating initiative, and taking responsibility for the completion of tasks that require multiple employees.
- Successful completion of a police check and vulnerable sector search
This job is provided through the Canada Summer Jobs Grant. Therefore applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 30.
To apply for this opportunity, please visit http://www.plattsville.church
Applications will be received until May 25th, 2021.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.