Plattsville Church, located in Plattsville, ON, is seeking an experienced individual to fill the role of Pastor of Family Ministries.
The ideal candidate will have a passion to reach families in both the church and community through the development and equipping of volunteer leaders. This person must have the ability to lead others as they juggle many things at one time, be well organized, personable, and flexible. Key to this role is a value for intergenerational ministry, raising up and releasing leaders, and fostering discipleship that is relational and spirit-filled.
- To develop, raise, and release leaders to further our family ministries and impact in the community
- To provide oversight and point leadership to our current family ministry programming (children and youth)
- The creation and implementation of a strategic and intentional plan to disciple and transform families’ lives in the community, and church
- To disciple, mentor, and provide pastoral support to families in our church and community
- To perform marriages, funerals and pastoral counseling for our church and community
- To manage other staffing as needed
- Help build a discipling culture among children, youth, parents and leaders.
- To be a team player committed to building teams
- To be available to preach and help with other church events as necessary
- To conduct oneself as a passionate, spirit-filled follower of Jesus Christ
- To manage and train volunteers according to the Plan to Protect.
- Preferably a minimum of 5 years experience within a pastoral role (youth, children’s, etc)
- Well-developed understanding and philosophy of family ministry and missional engagement
- Has proven experience leading teams, developing disciples, and a personal practice of mentoring others
- Experience in raising a family would be an asset
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Bible College or Seminary Degree preferred
- Considerations will be made for other forms of training and development
- This position works under the direct supervision of the Lead Pastor.
- This position oversees a significant number of volunteers and volunteer leaders
- The successful candidate will subscribe to and sign PEMC’s Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct
- This position requires a commitment to pursuing credentialing with the EMCC
We provide an excellent team based, caring, environment which supports work-life balance.
To apply for this opportunity, send your resume and cover letter to:
Plattsville Church – Attention: Tim Clayton
19 Albert Street E
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.