Join special guest speaker Pastor Mark Willcock as he looks at Matthew 25.
Thankfulness is a powerful posture. It tunes our hearts to the goodness of God. Join Pastor Tim as he challenges us to build a monument to God’s faithfulness that will testify for generations.
What does it mean to be a Christian? Many people, including Christians, have many different ideas about how you become a Christian. Listen as Pastor Tim looks at how we become a Christian and what it means for our lives today.
Sermons in this Series
- Like or Love: Love is a Decision
- Like or Love: Non-Committal
- Like or Love: Getting Married
- Like or Love: Being Married
A big thanks to Carey Nieuwhof who provided the inspiration for this series. To watch him do it better visit Connexus Church and their series based on the same analogy called, Non-Committal.
Join special guest speaker Donald Gingras as he shares about his work as a World Partners missionary.
The Gingras play a support role to local churches in Quebec for disciple-making, counseling and speaking on the ministry of Reconciliation. Since the EMCC has been increasing in Quebec, Donald & Lorraine have, since Fall 2010, been meeting with EMCC’s workers, and sharing stories about what God is doing in the Quebec ministries connected to the EMCC Family. Donald & Lorraine are also coordinating volunteer mission teams in Quebec, playing a support role to local churches in Quebec for disciple-making and counseling, and speaking on the ministry of Reconciliation.
Join special guest speaker Stan Bragg as he shares about his work as a World Partners missionary.
The Braggs work on the Saugeen First Nations Reserve, near Owen Sound, Ontario through ministry to children and youth and to their families. Their ministry includes outreach into the homes of these children and youth, 95% of the children who attend weekly children’s programs have not previously known Jesus. Included in their ministry are winter youth camps (in relationship with Emmanuel Bible College in Kitchener, Ontario), Baby Blessing box distribution, a Youth garden produce project, an archery program, a community bike program and leadership within a Christian church on the reserve. The Braggs have also developed a First Nations team who ministers alongside them. They believe strongly in raising up First Nations Leaders.
Join Frank & Libby as they share about what is going on in their lives.
Summer is here! But before you know it, summer will be over. Most of us have great intentions about what we want to do and who we want to be. Join Pastor Tim as he challenges us to be intentional in every area of our life this summer.
Sermons in this Series
- Summer With Purpose: Desire and Power
- Summer With Purpose: People of the Word
- Summer With Purpose: Forgiveness
- Summer With Purpose: Powerful Words
- Summer With Purpose: Everything is Spiritual
- Summer With Purpose: Why Community?
- Summer With Purpose: Blessable?
Summer Resource List
Wherever life take you this summer, make sure that it’s the summer you intended. Find the resources below to be intentional in a variety of areas of life.
Tools to help read and memorize the Bible:
- Good and Angry by Scott Turansky – A great book on dealing with your own anger and your kids whining.
- Tough Guys and Drama Queens by Mark Gregston – Parenting through the teen years.
- Spiritual parenting by Michelle Anthony – Moving away from parenting for behaviour and learning to be spiritually intentional
- Intentional Parenting Workbook by Doug and Cathy Fields – A combination of book and study guide. Helps you create a plan for intentional parenting. Also available as a video study on RightNowMedia.org
- Sticky Faith Guide for Your Family by Kara Powell – Being intentional about your faith in your home.
- Experiencing God at Home by Tom and Richard Blackaby – amazing read about how to experience God with your children in your home
- Win+Win Parenting by Seth Dahl – a practical guide to parenting
- Parenting Beyond Your Capacity by Reggie Joiner & Carey Neuhowf
- Worlds Apart by Chuck Bomar – what’s really going on with 18- 25 year olds?
- Are My Kids on Track? 12 Emotional, Social, and Spiritual Milestones Your Child Needs to Reach by Sissy Goff – Milestones around emotional, social and spiritual goals.
Books to read with your kids:
- The Biggest Story: How the Snake Crusher Brings Us Back to the Garden by Don Clark
- The One O’clock Miracle by Alison Mitchell
- The Garden the Curtain and the Cross by Carl Laferton
- God’s very Good Idea by Trillia Newbell
- Friends with God Story Bible – Small stories told from a first hand narrative of the characters with questions and prayers.
- Driven by Eternity: Making your Life Count Today and Forever by John Bevere
- Weird: Because Normal Isn’t Working by Craig Groeschel
- Grace: More Than We Deserve, Greater Than We Imagine by Max Lucado
- The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery by Ian Morgan Cron
- Do Yourself a Favour…Forgive: Learn How to Take Control of Your Life Through Forgiveness by Joyce Meyer
- Grace and Forgiveness by John and Carol Arnott
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality: Unleash a Revolution in Your Life in Christ by Peter Scazzero
- You are Free: Be Who You Already Are by Rebekah Lyons – a study guide and video are also available
- Renovation of the Heart: Putting on the Character of Christ by Dallas Willard
- Spirit Rising: Tapping Into the Power of the Holy Spirit by Jim Cymbala
- The Essential Guide to the Power of the Holy Spirit: God’s Miraculous Gifts at Work Today by Randy Clark
- God Secrets: A Life Filled with Words of Knowledge by Shawn Bolz – a workbook is also available
- Contagious Disciple Making: Leading Others of a Journey of Discovery by David Watson and Paul Watson
- The Tangible Kingdom: Creating Incarnational Community by Hugh Halters and Matt Smay
Everyone has a story! Some stories have happy endings and some aren’t as neat and tidy, some stories are spiritual and some stories are not, and some stories are in process and still being written. The question is, “Are you ready?” Are you ready to share your story? are you prepared and are you willing?
Prepare Your Story
We’re excited for you! We’re excited because you’re willing to be used by God as you share your story. God uses our stories to draw both others and us into great levels of faith. As we prepare our story we are reminded about how God has been faithful in the past, and as we share that story others are inspired to believe in a God that can meet them in a similar way. So thank you! Thank you for being brave enough to do the work, prepare your story, and share it with the world. This PDF will help you to identify, prepare, and share your story.
Listen To Testimonies
Listen to Past Sermons
Follow along with the sermons in this series:
- True Story: Are You Ready?
- True Story: You Probably Think This Story Is About You!
- True Story: Aware to Share
- True Story: Choosing the Right Club
Other sermons that are connected to this series:
Join us as we celebrate baptisms here at Plattsville Church.