Plattsville Church, located in Plattsville, ON, is seeking an experienced individual to fill the role of Administrative Assistant.
The ideal candidate will have experience and the ability to juggle many things at one time, understand the urgency of task completion, deadlines and communicating in a manner which instills confidence and caring. This person must be exceedingly well organized, personable, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting the Lead Pastor and the pastoral team.
It is expected that the incumbent has a genuine appreciation for and understanding of protocol, discretion and professionalism, is able to accept and assume responsibility and has the ability to interpret and make decisions in accordance with prescribed procedures and practices of the church. In order to provide effective and efficient services, it is expected that the incumbent will be proactive, resourceful and be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and exceptional technical skills are equally important to this role.
MUST HAVE SKILL-SETS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Intermediate skills in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong comfort with online communication tools (Mailchimp, WordPress, Facebook, etc.)
- Ability to oversee and maintain a database
- Ability to use independent judgment and initiative in making sound decisions and in developing solutions to problems
- Ability to be discreet when handling sensitive or confidential information or records
- Ability to demonstrate or maintain a measure of tact, diplomacy, and professionalism
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent Communications skills (both oral and written)
- Fluency in English – strong English grammar skills required
- Strong experience and passion for supporting managers/leaders and meeting their day-to-day administrative needs
- Experience preparing written correspondence (i.e. letters, memos, executive summaries, reports, meeting minutes, etc.)
- Experience managing and organizing digital and hard copy files/papers, and in ordering, stocking, and monitoring office supplies
- Ability to track expenses and reconcile accounts
- High level of expertise in all areas of modern office practice and procedures
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Post-Secondary Education
- Considerations will be made for other forms of training and development
- The Administrative Assistant works under the direct supervision of the Lead Pastor.
- The successful candidate will subscribe to and sign PEMC’s Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct
- The successful candidate will show a willingness to participate in the life of the church community.
We provide an excellent team-based, caring, environment which supports work-life balance.
To apply for this opportunity, send your resume and cover letter to:
19 Albert Street E
Application Deadline: Friday, March 15th
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.