About Us

Our Mission

Our Team

Our History

Being changed by Jesus, and helping others be changed by Jesus

Started in 1956, Plattsville Evangelical Missionary Church began as a Bible study group from the members of Bethel Missionary Church in New Dundee. The congregation was faced with the necessity of expanding their facilities to accommodate their growing congregation.

A group of individuals with a passion for reaching the community of Plattsville approached the local sandpaper factory (now Saint-Gobain). The company had been using a former church building as a storage and warehouse facility. The original building was built in 1885 by a Baptist congregation, but upon their closure in 1937, the building was sold to the sandpaper facility next door.

The church was dedicated as Plattsville United Missionary Church on June 10, 1956. In 1984, an addition was built on, providing additional classrooms, a nursery, and offices. Then in 1996, a new, multi-purpose gymnasium with a full basement was built. The gymnasium is now the main sanctuary for the church.

Plattsville Church is a member of the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada denomination.