On Sunday we are beginning a brand new series focusing on the Seven Last Words of Jesus for Lent.
Lent is an important time to slow down, to reflect, to sacrifice and most of all to focus in on Jesus. So over the next few weeks we will be reflecting on these words.
- Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do. (Luke 23:34)
- Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise. (Luke 23:43)
- Woman, behold your son. Son Behold your mother. (John 19:26–27)
- My God, My God, why have you forsaken me? (Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34)
- I thirst. (John 19:28)
- It is finished. (John 19:29-30)
- Father, into your hands I commit my spirit. (Luke 23:46)
And I’d encourage you as we move through Lent to be reading these words and these stories. But as you read and contemplate on the seven last words of Jesus, don’t forget one key thing. That while these are his seven last words prior to his death, he is still speaking now and we should be listening.