Last Sunday we talked about where you can find the Kingdom of God. We discovered that the Kingdom of God is hidden in plain sight all around us in relationships. You discover the Kingdom in the friendship, relationships, and connections you have. It’s a treasure waiting to be discovered, to be valued, and to be experienced.
So my question for you today is simple. Who in your life holds the Kingdom within them? Who have you experienced God’s Kingdom because of them?
If God’s Kingdom is found in relationships, and in the connections we have with others. If it can be spontaneously found where joy, grace, and laughter are discovered. Then who in your life consistently share Gods’ Kingdom with you?
Why not tell them today. Tell them they are a source of love and joy for you. And maybe through that they might experience the Kingdom as well.
For me I often find God’s Kingdom in this little dude…and when I get home I’m going to tell him too!
Discussion Questions from the Sermon
- Adult Questions
- When have you experienced God’s kingdom in a unexpected place or way?
- How can you keep “your eyes open” to discovering God’s kingdom in the everyday?
- What does God’s Kingdom look like? How do you know when you’ve discovered it?
- Where can you look to find God’s Kingdom this week?
- Questions for Young Families
- Children can teach us about the Kingdom. Jesus says that in the Gospels. So ask them when do they have the most fun? Where do have the most happiness? My guess is that the Kingdom isn’t far from that place. So do what makes them happy and watch the Kingdom grow.
Weekly Challenge: Watch for the Kingdom and share with one person this week where you found it…